AKA Savage Skull
I started the design for this traditional punk sweater with skull motif about 7 yrs ago....but knitting for someone who was six foot and four inches made me put it on hold. However, it was a quick and easy knit.
Rather than just make a baggy old sweater with dropped shoulders and not much shaping, I wanted to make sure that this was a proper 'designer' sweater, even if it was punk.
In order to make it fit well and have a sleek silhouette it has:
- Set in and fitted sleeves knittef from the top down
- Short row shaping for top of sleeve and shaped for wide and long silhouette
- Unique skulls chart designed by me in a tribal style
- Extra long body and narrow silhouette so it is slimming even with horizontal stripes
- Narrow cuffs, welt and neck ribbing
- Slightly scooped round neck, wide and loose but well fitting. Enough neck to show off neck jewellery
- Man sized (even for giants of over 6 foot 2!)
I will be writing up the pattern for this sweater and taking proper photos, and the pattern will be for unisex sizes from Uni XS-XXXL and The range can be wide.
This would look equally cool knitted in charcoal grey, with luminous yellow or green skull and constrast cuff, welt and ribbed neck.